We are delighted to have assisted our client Orvis with the creation and launch of the new Orvis Virtual Mayfly Festival, last Saturday 16th May running to Sunday 31st May. The online festival aims to celebrate this special time of year for the fly fishing community and will be hosted on the Orvis UK Facebook and Instagram pages and will feature some well-known names. Orvis recently commissioned a survey in which over 60% of surveyed people would like to spend more time in the countryside or take up more outdoor activities, as a result of the current lockdown situation in the UK. The festival aims to remove the barriers from your route into fly fishing.
View this post on Instagram
Each day of the #OrvisMayflyFestival we'll be releasing fun facts about mayflies! We'll start with the basics for new fly fishers just getting into the sport we all love – Mayflies are the primary source of models for flies, based on different life-cycle stages of mayflies. 🎣 #OrvisFlyFishing
Whether you’re a fly fishing fanatic or just keen to find out more, join Orvis to meet special guests via live Q&A’s, take part in our Virtual Learn How to Fly Fish 101’s, Mayfly themed competitions for all ages and fantastic fly fishing footage.
Speaker Schedule via @OrvisUK Facebook:
- Monday 18th May – Orvis Saltwater Fly Fishing Festival with Marina Gibson and James Doyle
- Wednesday 20th May – Colin Macleod, Live Q&A on his new book and tips for fly fishing for Mullet.
- Saturday 23rd May – Q&A Photographer and Videographer, Matt Dunkinson
- Tuesday 26th May – Orvis Learn to Fly Fish 101 with James Doyle – Intro to Rod, Reel and Line.
- Wednesday 27th May – Andy Ford – Talk on Producing ‘On The Bank’ – storytelling and production.
- Thursday 28th May – Orvis Learn to Fly Fish 101 with James Doyle – Introduction to Fly Casting
- Saturday 30th May – Q&A with Chef, Tim Maddams
- Saturday 30th May – Learn to Fly Fishing 101 with James Doyle – Nylon and Flies plus Q&A