Today the crackle of shotguns has been echoing in the ears of eager game shots across the UK as the Grouse season opens once again. Glorious Twelfth is possibly the most anticipated day of the year in the shooting community, ringing in the start of the season.
To celebrate, we give you twelve top tips for the Grouse season.
1) Invest in a side-by-side shotgun from Arrieta.
Arrieta exclusively supplies the finest Spanish side-by-side shotguns, hand-made by a team of highly skilled gunsmiths. Such exceptional quality is noticeable in the fine materials used and carefully executed details. State of the art engraving, hand-applied oil finish to the wooden elements of the finest walnut are examples of the dedication and devotion that stand behind an Arrieta shotgun and rifle. This year, Arrieta celebrates its 75th Anniversary.
2) Sport your finest lightweight tweed from R. Ward for a refined and elegant look in the field.
4) Field to Fork: support your local Grouse Run and enjoy fresh, high quality game. Each year Simon Davis, head chef at The Yew Tree Inn, in Highclere, takes part in the great Grouse Race in his “Drive to Serve the Best”.
5) Cover up in cashmere. When it comes to cashmere, N.Peal are true specialists. Their Oxford Round Neck jumper in Blue Wave, as worn by the character of James Bond in Skyfall, is a must-have.
8) Sip your sloe gin from a traditional leather-bound flask from Pickett.
9) Safety first: save your ear drums from a beating with these ear defenders from Orvis.
10) Travel in style with luxury luggage from Pickett, available in a variety of skins and colour ways.
11) Bring a R.Ward shooting seat along with you to save your legs on the peg.