A new free virtual series for 2021 – Orvis UK is delighted to launch ‘Fish in the Reads’ this February, taking place fortnightly until March.
Orvis UK, world-renowned fly fishing and outdoor apparel brand, aims to connect booklovers and fishing enthusiasts with the authors behind some of the most creative and well-known books in the industry with this new virtual series. The series is proudly supporting the Missing Salmon Alliance with an optional donation for each event.
Beginning on Thursday 4th February at 7pm, authors in the pipeline include:
- 4th February: Charles Rangeley-Wilson reading from Silver Shoals: Five Fish That Made Britain.
- 18th February: Luke Jennings reading from Blood Knots.
- 4th March: Simon Cooper reading from Life of a Chalkstream.
- 11th March: Tom Fort reading from Casting Shadows
- 18th March: David Profumo – The first ever reading from his forthcoming book, ‘The Lightning Thread. Fishological Moments and the Pursuit of Paradise’ and ‘The World of Fly-Fishing’
Bookable for free on the Orvis UK Eventbrite, Fish in the Reads offers the chance to meet the author, hear them read an extract from their book and learn more the inspiration behind the words.
Brian Campbell-Kearsey, Head of Marketing at Orvis UK said, “Whilst we are all looking ahead to a brighter 2021, the beginning of the year will not be without its challenges for so many. We have crafted the Fish in the Reads virtual event series in order to offer our customers the opportunity to connect with some well-known authors from our world, from the comfort of their living rooms. These reading evenings will create an environment for valuable learning, sharing and relaxing with the opportunity to meet some of the UK’s most prolific fly fishing and conservation writers.”
For a full schedule of readings, visit and book your place for free via the Orvis UK Eventbrite. Once booked, attendees will receive a link to the platform up to 48 hours ahead of the event date and time.